It’s finally Friday after a long (albeit short) week. That means a chance to catch my breath a bit, take care of some odds and ends, and get some momentum into the next week.
This weekend will be a delightful combination of getting some work done after an exceedingly hectic week and football. The Eagles play division rivals the New York Football Giants tomorrow night and the games on Sunday look to be particularly entertaining (even if I don’t necessarily have a dog in that fight). This will distract me from the remarkable play of the Sixers on their current West coast swing!
In the meantime, here is a little list of quick hits and varia:
- Photogrammetry and GIS in Human-Occupied Digital Landscapes.
- The Horse in Ancient Athens.
- Nothing Even Matters.
- Theory, History, and the Study of Religion in Late Antiquity.
- Deep Time: A Literary History.
- U.S. Archaeologists Find Ancient Isthmian Stadium Near Corinth (1959).
- Vintage Parking in Athens.
- Sun Ra Cover Art.
- Cozy Catastrophes.
- Lorca Model 1.
- What I’m reading: Nestor L. Silva, “Bakken Ecology: The Culture and Space of Fracked Farmland in North Dakota.” Ph.D. Dissertation. Stanford University 2022.
- What I’m listening to: Lee Morgan, Sonic Boom. (1967 ).