It’s feeling like spring here in North Dakotaland and the tans and browns of the long, dry, winter are giving way to just a bit of green. Temperatures should be in the 60s for the next week or so with occasional days in the 70s. My Orthodox friends should have a lovely Sunday to spend celebrating a socially-distant Easter.
It feels like baseball weather, and that makes it a good time for the Phils to enjoy a home series with the Mets. The Sixers continue to conserve and preserve down the stretch of the season and playing the Hawks and Spurs will make that a bit easier to do. The Cup guys are in Kansas for the annual Midwestern snoozefest, and the Formula 1 party is in Portugal for the second time in as many years. There’s a good bit of boxing this weekend with Andy Ruiz’s and Mick Conlan’s long awaited return to the ring, the seemingly ageless Dereck Chisora gives it a go against Joseph Parker, Dmity Bivol will batter some dude named Craig, and Sebastian “the Towering Inferno” Fundor is fighting in some WBC title eliminator.
And now, for a word from our sponsor! Do check out the preview of Cynthia C. Prescott and Maureen S. Thompson’s Backstories: A Kitchen Table Talk Cookbook due out from the Digital Press at the University of North Dakota next month. Go here!
Now back to our regularly scheduled quick hits and varia:
- A Journey Through Assassin’s Creed Odyssey with the American School and Ubisoft.
- Olga Tufnell’s ‘Perfect Journey’.
- The Sheikh’s House at Quseir al-Qadim: Documenting a Thirteenth-Century Red Sea Port.
- Underfunded Modernization: Tobacco Producers and Agricultural Policy in Interwar Greece.
- MOVE Remains at Penn.
- Agricultural terraces in the Mediterranean.
- Byron’s Cheque.
- Modern Greek Studies Online.
- Chicago, Native Americans, and the Balkans.
- Two Archaeologists Unscientifically Argue That Ethical Practice Is Anti-Science.
- Pre-Clovis Camp.
- Laziness Does Not Exist.
- Mido Radiotimer (I suspect few of you click through to any of my watch links, but if you’ve ever been tempted to click through to one, make it this one).
- Denafrips ARES II DAC.
- What I’m reading: William Sites, Sun Ra’s Chicago: Afrofuturism and The City (Chicago 2020).
- What I’m listening to: Art Ensemble of Chicago, The Spiritual.
Don’t look too closely at his mouth. There’s nothing to see here.