It’s a long weekend here in North Dakotaland which hopefully means that people have some time off to relax and enjoy the warm summer weather (in a socially responsible and socially distant way).
This weekend will also see the return of Formula 1 in Austria, the Indy Car and Xfinity kids on the Indianapolis road course, and the NASCAR guys at the Indianapolis oval. If I didn’t have so much relaxing scheduled for the July 4th weekend, I’d sit and watch all four races!
So whatever your plans are, I hope you all find time to enjoy the weekend, as well as this short list of quick hits and varia:
- COVID Conferences:
- Rethinking Modern Greek Studies.
- Open Context has two post-doc positions!
- Ester Shalev-Gerz Monumental Against Fascism.
- 1453 and All That.
- The Summer of Magical Thinking.
- Museums and Social Justice.
- Philadelphia Fish House Punch.
- Black authors on whiteness.
- Whiteness in the academy.
- New strategic direction from the Mellon Foundation.
- Flu Note.
- Laurent Ferrier Classic Origin Opaline.
- What I’m reading: Michael Roller, An Archaeology of Structural Violence: Life in a Twentieth-Century Coal Town. (2018)
- What I’m listening to: Albert Ayler, New Grass.