For the first time in 20+ years, I’m home for the Memorial Day weekend. There’s no Indy 500 this year and, I suspect, that the neighborhood pools won’t be opening with cookouts and other fanfare. The long race in Charlotte is going on Sunday night and I’m tempted to watch a Korean baseballing game, just to see what this is about.
I also need to figure out whether I should blog on Monday! I’m just not sure of the protocol these days.
Today, though, is just another Friday (it is Friday, right?), so time for another small gaggle of quick hits and varia:
- History of Greek Printing.
- Ancient Greek Colo(u)rs.
- Cadaver Dogs and Archaeology.
- Byzantine Architecture in England.
- Open Publishing Fest!
- Open Arizona.
- How walking changes us.
- The Soane.
- Tim Bray is doing meaningful stuff at his blog.
- The Accident of Initial Letters.
- History of Perfect 10s on Pitchfork.
- What I’m reading: Alice Gorman, Dr. Space Junk vs. The Universe. (MIT 2019)
- What I’m listening to: Hideto Sasaki, Toshiyuki Sekine Quartet + 1, Stop Over.