I managed to survive both physically and mentally my first week of the new semester. More than that, I’m feeling pretty energized right now. To make things even better a predicted snow storm seems to have almost entirely missed us and the Eagles are in the playoffs.
If I were more of a night owl, I might even plan to stay up to watch the final test of The Ashes where Australia has gotten off to a bit of a shaky start. Or I might make an effort to stay up to watch the Joe Smith fight someone called Steve Geffrard on Saturday night for Smith’s light heavyweight title (after Callum Smith, Joe Smith’s intended opponent tested positive). Hecks, I could even imagine staying up to watch the second half of the NFL games on Saturday and Sunday, but I probably won’t.
Instead, I’ll stockpile some sleep, get some lingering projects sorted, and prepare for the second week of classes.
I’ll also try to do a better job gathering some quick hits and varia:
- As always, go and check out Pasts Imperfect for the real deal.
- Geophysical survey in archaeological context: A review from Cyprus.
- Analyzing Colonialism Themes in The Tribes of Tatooine.
- Consumer Culture
- Context Matters in Museum Displays.
- Japanese Jazz.
- Time on My Hands.
- Teach a Girl to Make a Fire.
- Rural Librarians in Russia.
- Jaeger-LeCoultre, Master Geographic Q4128420.
- Kassa Overall Featuring Theo Croker Live.
- What I’m reading: Jane Bennett, Vibrant Matter: A Political Ecology of Things. 2010.
- What I’m listening to: The Knitters, Poor Little Critter on the Road.