Yesterday almost felt like summertime here in North Dakotaland with dry, blue skies and temperatures in the mid-60s. Today, however, we’re return to our regularly scheduled weather: grey skies, wind, and highs in 30s and 40s. Days like yesterday are a good reminder to enjoy every nice day here that you can.
Cooler weather this weekend will motivate me to keep focused. If I need a distraction, though, the Cup guys are at Talladega (and I mean that in a disappointing way as apparently Jennifer Jo Cobb was denied entry into the race despite having a ride) and the Indy cars are at St. Petersburg. More interestingly, one of my favorite boxers, Emanuel Navarrete is fighting on Saturday night on a card with knock-out machine Edgar Berlanga and blue-chip prospects Josue Vargas and Xander Zayas fighting down the card.
Otherwise, you can find me looking for some quick hits and varia:
- Jack L. Davis, Sharon R. Stocker, and Charles K. Williams and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The Eighth Hour of Amduat.
- Nile Valley Collective.
- Antioch: A History.
- The De Thematibus (‘on the themes’) of Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus.
- Labor in Classical Antiquity.
- Do Ancient Egyptians Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Schiit Audio Vali 2+.
- 1940s Universal Genève Dato-Compax Ref. 12495.
- What I’m reading: Anthony Reed, Soundworks: Race, Sound, and Poetry in Production (Duke 2021)
- What I’m listening to: Kahil El’Zabar, Spirit Groove.