After a snowy few days, it feels like spring is returning to North Dakotaland with temperatures set to soar into the mid or even upper 50s today. Remember to wear your sunscreen, stay hydrated, and limit vigorous outdoor activities until your body adjusts to the warmer temperatures!
I’m planning to take lots of little breaks in front of the ole TV this weekend, catching the Formula 1 guys back in action, Cup in Richmond, the Sixers at home against the Clippers and the Phillies series against the Cards. If there were more hours in the day (or night), I might even catch an IPL match or the Sheffield Shield final, but I suspect any free time will be spent cleaning up the mud the dogs have tracked into the house from the garden.
Or, you know, doing my job.
In the meantime, here are some quick hits and varia:
- On Being Conquered in Byzantium.
- Mapping settlement desertion in Southeastern Europe from Antiquity to the Modern Era.
- Human versus computer vision in archaeological recording.
- The ways of an empire: Continuity and change of route landscapes across the Taurus during the Hittite Period.
- Byzantine boats.
- Teutoburg Forest Truthers.
- Renaming at the University of Richmond.
- Profaning Paul.
- Pandemic Methodologies Twitter Conference 2021.
- Notre Dame’s Restoration.
- dëcoloиıze hellαş.
- The Soul of a City with No Soul.
- What was the restaurant? Salt, Fat, Acid, Defeat.
- Decware Zen Triode SE84UFO2.
- Louis Vuitton Tambour Carpe Diem Minute Repeater.
- What I am reading:
- What I am listening to: Kassa Overall, Shades of Flu 2: In these Odd Times.