It’s well and truly spring here in North Dakotaland! This means brisk 50 degree days with just a bit of bluster and cool nights in the 20s and 30s.
It also means that baseball is around the corner (opening day is Thursday!) and the Formula 1 guys are getting ready to launch their season this weekend. An added treat this year is that the Cup Series is going to try to race at Bristol on the dirt on Sunday afternoon! Amid the various NCAA basketball games, there’s also a heavy weight fight: Alexander Povetkin vs. Dillian Whyte. (I’ve always wanted Alexander Povetkin nickname to be “Battleship,” but it’s not. His knockout of Dillian Whyte last year was serious.)
With all this going on it’s easy to look forward to the weekend!
In the meantime, enjoy some quick hits and varia:
- Dream Nation 200 Years on.
- The Untold Stories of Archaeology’s Women.
- Financing the Stoa of Attalos.
- The Sixth-Century CE Shipwreck at Marzamemi.
- McGeough in Paperback.
- COVID-19 and Peer Review.
- Recent Research on Mid-Century in North Dakota (rough draft of my paper here).
- Concord Mall (Wilmington, Delaware).
- Last day of the 52nd Annual UND Writers Conference.
- That Tag Team GEICO commercial.
- Cynthia Ozick’s Antiquities.
- Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Yes, please.
- Give North Dakota’s Statehood To D.C.
- RIP Jessica Walter.
- What I’m reading: Struggling these days to read much of anything, although a friend sent me a copy of Joy Williams’ Breaking and Entering (1988).
- What I’m listening to: Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & the London Symphony Orchestra, Promises.