It’s cold here and, for lack of any other comparison, it’s North Dakota cold. As I write this, it’s -24 and it feels like -35. It doesn’t even matter if its Fahrenheit or Celsius to be honest.
Fortunately, we have heat and a fire place and books. So, it actually isn’t that bad especially since we don’t have to be outside much. Plus, this weekend, there’s a light heavy weight title fight on the weekend that should entertain and, on Sunday, there’s the Daytona 500.
And, in the meantime, there are some quick hits and varia:
- The Battle of the Classics.
- Fire walkers of Northern Greece.
- Christian Prophets are on the rise!
- Related: Tarot Cards for Scholars.
- COVID in Minot.
- Counter Maps.
- The semi-colon.
- RIP Chick Corea.
- Neoliberalism for Polite Company.
- The Lion, the Polygamist, and the Biofuel Scam.
- Off-roads, off-grid.
- Universal Tonality.
- 1966 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Precision Ref. 6426.
- What I’m reading: North Dakota Quarterly. It’s production time for NDQ 88.1/2 so I get to spend the weekend reading fiction, poetry, and essays and, the best parti is, it’s my job.
- What I’m listening to: Chick Corea (there’s so much of it and it’s all so different).