This is likely the final Friday Varia and Quick Hits of 2020! It’s pretty hard to believe that it’s almost January. Our winter here in North Dakotaland has been so mild that we still haven’t had the turn the heat on and we have just enough snow to make things look seasonal.
This weekend will be filled with book layout, a bit of reading reading, and putting the final marks in this semester’s gradebook. It’s also a great weekend for sport with Ohio State playing in the Big 10 Championship game, Canelo Alvarez fighting on Saturday night, my Mighty Spiders playing tonight, and the first test of the Australia and India series underway.
Hope your weekend has some snow, some sports, or something wonderful. In the meantime, here are some quick hits and varia:
- North Dakota Quarterly 87.3/4 is out!
- Two BMCR Reviews
- More controversy: The Vessel with the Pestle.
- Women Potters Of Cyprus.
- Who are online museums for?
- Odysseas Elytis in Plaka
- The Spoils of Abraham.
- Open Access Books
- European Cultural Diplomacy and Arab Christians in Palestine, 1918–1948.
- Voyages and Travel Accounts in Historiography and Literature (2 vols).
- COVID-19 Memorial.
- 2020 Hater’s Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog
- What we do.
- The PhD Octopus.
- What am I reading: Maia Kotrosits, The Lives of Objects: Material Culture, Experience, and the Real in the History of Early Christianity. 2020.
- What am I listening to: Kenny Dorham, Matador.