It’s a surreal first Friday of Spring Break as efforts to contain the coronavirus has suspended face-to-face teaching for the two weeks after spring break and most major sporting events canceled (except the Australia – New Zealand one-day series and NASCAR).
With a global health crisis looming, it seems almost irresponsible to blog about anything other than coronavirus right now. At the same time, the world keeps on turning (some how) and
- Take your scholarship public.
- Reflections from Sylvie Dumont, author of Vrysaki: A Neighborhood Lost in Search of the Athenian Agora.
- This isn’t happening.
- Fewer World Leaders, And More Good Neighbors
- Pandemic Pedagogy
- Sudden Distance: Teaching Writing Online.
- Some tips on making a podcast and going online in a hurry.
- No church for you.
- I’ve been enamored with Jesse Stommel’s work lately:
- Women watch collectors.
- All the new watches.
- What I’m reading: John Sayles, Yellow Earth. (2020)
- What I’m listening to: Steven Malkmus, Traditional Techniques.