Gentle warming here in North Dakotaland welcomes us to the season of mud and flood. We’re armed with our submersible pumps, flood insurance, and waterproof boots as we brace for the return of Lake Agassiz.
The sporting stars of the weekend are the Aussie and Indian cricket teams who face off for the T20 final in the MCG. They’re predicting record crowds of 90,000+. The men’s side will be in South Africa trying to salvage a rough run of ODIs. On Saturday night, big heavy weight contenders square off in NYC: Adam Kownacki is worth watching. I’m not sure how far he’ll go, but he fun to watch.
Hopefully your weekend is full of mildly muddy days, heavyweights of all descriptions, and if you find it suitable, some quick hits and varia:
- Transforming Sacred Spaces: New Approaches to Byzantine Ecclesiastical Architecture from the Transitional Period.
- The Political Ecology of Roads and Movement
- U2 Photos and Archaeology (and here and here)
- Experiential design at the Museum of the Bible.
- Punk and Post Punk.
- 3D models for download.
- Coronavirus music from Greece and Vietnam. And, of course, the Minutemen.
- A live coronavirus map.
- More open image downloads.
- VHS Videos.
- Tips on Teleconferencing.
- Ghost ships.
- What I’m reading: Jussi Parikka, The Contemporary Condition : A Slow, Contemporary Violence: Damaged Environments of Technological Culture (Sternberg Press 2016).
- What I’m listening to: Miles Davis, Live at the Fillmore East (March 7, 1970): It’s About That Time.