I missed a blog post yesterday and I still feel a bit guilty about it. I was on the road and had an early panel at a conference and excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse. I probably missed writing more than posting to my blog, to be honest, but today is a new day and I have things to do and I’ll shake it off.
Plus, this will be a good weekend with the Eagle’s big win last night, Penn State playing on Friday night, Ohio State on Saturday night, the F1 show in Russia, and the NASCAR guys at the Roval in Charlotte. Plus, I have a table of contents to produce and a couple of books to finish reading. It should be a good weekend!
I hope that these quick hits and varia make your weekend good too:
- Anthony Kaldellis has made a podcast: “Byzantium and Friends.“
- Cavafy font.
- Archaeogaming: Inspecting the Foundation of Mystery House
- A few things on Athens and Greece:
- Map of Greek America.
- Excavating Prohibition Era Moorhead.
- Archaeology between Israel and Palestine.
- My University is Dying.
- Consciousness does not depend on language.
- Secretly in the Public Domain.
- An autumnal poem from Elina Petrova.
- Why I teach.
- Usonian Automatic.
- The Seiko 9F movement.
- A font based on watch lettering.
- What I’m reading to: Hanif Abdurraqib, Go Ahead in the Rain: Notes to A Tribe Called Quest. (2019)
- What I’m listening to: Thurston Moore, Spirit Counsel.