It’s starting to feel like spring here in North Dakotaland with the waters receding and the trees showing just a tiny bit of green. It should be a mild weekend perfect for a walk with the dogs, some Formula 1 racing, and the NASCAR kids at Talladega.
It’s also a perfect weekend for some late semester grading and reading with the windows open. I need to think up my summer reading list, get stuff together for a couple summer study seasons, and decide whether the buy a bunch of mulch before heading to points east.
In the meantime, here are some quick hits and varia:
- Defenders of Faith: Christianity and Classics.
- Studies in Digital Heritage.
- From the SHA.
- In Defense of the Nicene Creed.
- Life in a Late Antique Village.
- Modern Greek Studies at Ohio State.
- Blood Antiquities.
- Beyonce and Philology.
- Labor practices and archaeology.
- Elbowoods Church.
- Map as Search Box.
- The best bullshitters (pdf).
- White out.
- John Cox.
- She was with the Russians too.
- Watching the Watchers at Stereophile.
- A Gift from Senna.
- Bruce Dickinson.
- What I’m reading: C. Kearns and S. Manning eds., New Directions in Cypriot Archaeology. 2019.
- What I’m listening to: Bruce Hornsby, Absolute Zero.