It’s springtime here in North Dakotaland, except for the blizzard and the sub-freezing temperatures. Ignore that.
It’s a Formula 1 weekend, the Cup cars are in Richmond, baseball season and the IPL are underway, Lomachenko is fighting and the NBA playoffs start this weekend. So maybe this isn’t the worst weekend to be snowed inside.
If that’s still not enough to keep you busy, here are a few quick hits and varia:
- The Art of Translation.
- The annual romanticized NYT piece on Athos.
- Slow Archaeology, Punk Archaeology, and the ‘Archaeology of Care’. (And more slow here).
- Digital Archaeology Abstracts as Word Clouds: Mobilizing the Past (2015) and Critical Archaeology in a Digital Age (2019)
- Creating Kind, Brave, and Curious Spaces in Academia.
- Good work for a historian.
- Copy editing.
- Colloquy in Water (It’s snowing again).
- This is going well.
- The version at 60: Someone to Watch over Me.
- What I’m reading: J. Haldon, H. Elton, and J. Newhard, Archaeology and Urban Settlement in Late Roman and Byzantine Anatolia : Euchaïta-Avkat-Beyözü and its Environment. 2018.
- What I’m listening to: Kokoroko, Kokoroko.