It may be that we’ve enjoyed the final blizzard of the season here in North Dakotaland and it was mild enough in our neighborhood that I could go for my first outdoor run of the year yesterday afternoon.
This weekend looks mild as well and a good time to catch up on some grading, the first Formula 1 race of the weekend, and the part of the NBA season that starts to matter. There is some college basketball too (just not for my mighty Spiders).
If you’re looking for something to occupy your free moments, here are some quick hits and varia:
- Christos Ikonomou’s fiction in the NYT.
- Schliemann’s Culinary Adventures in Italy.
- Classics from below.
- Near Eastern Landscape from a U2.
- Wikipedia’s Gender Gap.
- 3D fossils.
- War Rugs.
- AI Art.
- Archivists of Extinction.
- Evangelicals and Zen.
- End of Recycling.
- What I’m reading: Tommy Orange, There There. (2018)
- What I’m listening to: Radiohead, Hail to the Thief.