The days are getting longer even as the temperatures hang in the low double-digits here in North Dakotaland. The football season is ending (or it seems almost certain to end for my Eagles this weekend), the cricket season “down under” is in full swing, and the NBA has entered that the fascinating mid-season malaise when even the best teams struggle to balance survival mode with the desire to win games.
It was also the first week of classes, which is alway exciting. The new year, new project, new plan, a new calendar…. everything is turning over and it seems like as good a time as any for some quick hits and varia:
- Dan-el Padilla Peralta response to the events at last weeks SCS/AIA conference.
- The Oxford Handbook of Early Christian Archaeology.
- Giving up on conferences.
- The Monastery of Strofades on Zakynthos.
- Epoiesen, volume 2.
- Eurocentrism and African Art.
- Rock music and the fantastic.
- Reviving the Omega Caliber 321.
- Changes at Perma.CC.
- Ambient Sounds from Yellowstone.
- RIP Paul Sherwen.
- What I’m reading: Victor Bruchli, The Archaeology of Socialism. (1999)
- What I’m listening to: Black Thought, Streams of Thought, vol. 1 and 2.