It looks like a cloudy, cool, and muggy weekend as first feeling of fall creep into North Dakotaland and the start of the semester is right around the corner. It should be a good time to practice hunkering down with a good book, stack of articles, or some writing.
To get your first fall weekend started, here’s a little list of quick hits and varia:
- Oxford Roman Economy Project.
- Travel posters from Dumbarton Oaks.
- Early American Ceramics.
- Andrew Reinhard’s Archaeogaming book.
- Two neat interactive articles.
- One from The Chronicle of Higher Education: Education deserts.
- One from the AHA: Where historians work.
- A gaggle of film reviews: Corruptions and Duplicates of Form.
- Digital Plant Collection.
- Cricket in Carolina.
- A sale on Zu Druid Mark V speakers.
- What I’m reading: John Bintliff et al. Boeotia Project, Volume II: The City of Thespiai: Survey at a Complex Urban Site.
- What I’m listening to: John the Martyr.
Frog Days of Summer