You’ve be excused if you didn’t believe that spring was upon us here in North Dakotaland with a substantial dusting of snow last night and another 6-8 inches expected later today. A quick glance at the television, though, shows us that the boys of summer are back and, in our household, the boys of [North American] winter (the Australian cricket side) are wrapping up their season (and not a moment too soon).
It’s also Holy Week, for those of you who observe, and the official start of the short quick slide to the end of the semester.
So whatever your predilections this weekend whether basketingball, basingball, cricket, or quiet meditation on the nature of Christ’s incarnation, here’s a little list of quick hits and varia:
- A Day in the Life of Ancient Athens (he didn’t notice that the temples had changed).
- DNA and Archaeology.
- Border Trilogy by Radiolab.
- Archaeology of Ready Player One.
- A Good Investment: The Story of Wesley College.
- Persistence of Print.
- Scarfolk Council.
- Melting midcentury modern.
- William Cooper.
- Handmade watches.
- What I’m reading: Averil Cameron, Byzantine Christianity. 2017.
- What I’m listening to: Miles Davis and John Coltrane, The Final Tour: Bootleg Series. Volume 6.