I have too many books to read and too few ideas to write. So I think I’m going to hunker down and read some over the next few days and then sort out my writing goals on Monday. It’s not that I don’t have work and writing to do — I have more unfinished projects than a guy with a lot of unfinished projects — but I don’t have that precious commodity of excitement and motivation to tuck into one of the projects and see it through to end.
Maybe reading a good book will get me going again (and it won’t leave me worse for wear!).
In the meantime, here’s a little list of quick hits and varia:
- Santa is dead.
- But also read this (h/t to Ömür Harmanşah).
- Archaeology and blockchain.
- Read the history of the Cyprus American Archaeological Research Institute.
- Your required monthly article on the Antikythera ship wreck.
- Nafplion is the best city in Greece.
- International Journal of James Bond Studies (h/t to Chuck Jones).
- This is a really good music review.
- Another new open publishing platform.
- Smartphones have destroyed a generation.
- It’s time for the Rocky Mountain Audiofest. My favorite coverage is here.
- What I’m reading: Brian Schill, The Year’s Work in the Punk Bookshelf, Or, Lusty Scripts. 2017.
- What I’m listening to: The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die, Always Foreign.