It’s the calm before the storm here in North Dakotaland. Grand Forks is expecting a significant winter storm on Christmas and Boxing Days. Fortunately that won’t effect the playing of the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne or the cosiness of a book by the fire.
In the meantime, here’s a very modest list of some quick hits and varia:
- Recent finds from Ancient Corinth.
- Hipster Stoicism for Christmas.
- Digital Archaeology at a Classical Mayan Site.
- Archaeologists need to be more digital.
- Arcades in the 1980s.
- The best maps of 2016.
- Picking the President: Understanding the Electoral College.
- Exotica for your Winter Storm.
- Freezing out Elsevier.
- Disappearing bookbinders.
- The best media corrections of 2016.
- What I’m reading: J. Purdy, After Nature: A Politics of the Anthropocene. Harvard 2015.
- What I’m listening to: Kyle Morton, What Will Destroy You; Arthur Lyman, Mele Kalikimaka.