It finally feels like winter here in North Dakotaland, but fortunately there are plenty of reasons to stay inside by the fire. This weekend’s highlights involve numerous conference championship footballing contests as well as the Mighty Spiders of the University of Richmond taking on the Fighting Hawks of the University of North Dakota right here in Grand Forks. It doesn’t get any more exciting than that, folks. Throw the records out.
While the excitement builds for the big game, please do enjoy a little list of varia and quick hits:
- Dumbarton Oaks is looking for a Byzantine Studies librarian.
- More on those creepy burials at Faliro.
- I guess archaeology used to matter (more). Seems stressful.
- An interesting take on Greek Americans and Trump.
- The Twitter Recap of the ASOR annual meeting.
- Some thoughts to syllabus writing.
- Chris Harris in the Aston Martin Vulcan.
- What I’m reading: L. Lavan and M. Mulryan eds. Field Methods and Post-Excavation Techniques in Late Antique Archaeology. Brill 2015.
- What I’m listening to: Monster Rally, Mystery Cove; The Weeknd, Starboy.