It’s a long weekend giving us an extra day to get some work done before we return to everyday life on Tuesday. Work a little extra to celebrate those whose labor gave us the chance to do more.
But also be sure the enjoy the start of college footballing season, Formula 1 at Monza, and the NASCARlers at the legendary “Lady in Black” (provided they can dodge the weather).
As delightful fall weather creeps its way across the Northern Plains, I offer you some quick hits and varia for your weekend of work:
- Communism at the American School of Classical Studies in Athens.
- A charming little post on Roger Bagnall ephemera.
- Ethics of Historical Preservation.
- Archaeology as disaster capitalism.
- “Refugee Voices:” Tragedy, Ghosts, and the Anthropology of Not Knowing
- Contemporary archaeologies of forced and undocumented migration at the AAAs.
- Pokémon Go and Heritage Landscapes.
- Giovani Pintori for Olivetti.
- How to live in a van, down by the river.
- You should be following the Grand Prix d’ Horlogerie de Genève.
- Do you know where your students are?
- How to be perfectly unhappy.
- Verso Ebook sale.
- Lane lap bias at the Olympic pool in Rio.
- What I’m reading: C. Concannon and L. Mazurka, Across the Corrupting Sea: Post-Braudelian Approaches to the Ancient Eastern Mediterranean. Ashgate 2016.
- What I’m listening to: Frank Ocean, Blonde; DJ Shadow, The Mountain Will Fall.