After a muggy week here in North Dakotaland, this weekend looks to be beautiful and dry. The hum of the mosquito spraying truck last night even suggests that we might have a night or two free of those biting pests.
With the F1 guys on their summer break, the intriguing Phillies on the west coast, and the Australian cricket team refusing to play in a normal way, we’ll settle for watching NASCAR at the ‘Glen this weekend. I’ve heard there are other events this weekend too.
Hope your weekend has as much promise as ours!
- A fancy Late Bronze Age Burial near Hala Sultan Tekkie.
- More shackled skeletons in Athens.
- Nice work by the Penn Museum.
- Adaptive reuse, refugees, and This American Life.
- Olympic sports we no longer play.
- Riefenstahl and the Nazi Olympics.
- Olympic ruins.
- Semantic Architect.
- Reading and a long life.
- The President Needs Historians.
- Dead-beat seconds.
- Quartzite border.
- Do not have goals.
- What I’m reading: F. Kittler, Gramophone, Film, Typewriter. 1999.
- What I’m listening to: Owen, The King of Whys; Nina Simone, High Priestess of Soul.
Sharing is Caring