This is one of most entertaining sports weekends of the year: Formula 1, NASCAR at Martinsville, Final Four basketballing games, World T20 Final, and opening day in baseballing. Unfortunately, many of us will have to work over the weekend, but I hope that I have time to catch some of the festivities.
While very strict rules regarding how we talk about the UND Writers Conference, so I won’t even try here, but you can go and check out the link.
Before the list of quick hits and varia, congratulations to all the folks (like my wife!) who worked hard to bring a pharmacy back to downtown Grand Forks.
- This is cool in an Early Christian basilica kind of way.
- Roman route planner.
- The publications for Salamis on Cyprus are here and free.
- Andrew Reinhard loves stuff like this.
- The ethics of 3D printing in archaeology.
- Making Sumer Great Again!
- Maybe an April Fools thing from the American School of Classical Studies (maybe not… hard to say).
- How to make your journal open access.
- Along similar lines, free Peter Suber from MIT Press.
- And more, crowdfunded journalism.
- The natural end of punk archaeology. Remember, all archaeology is destruction (or something).
- The Slow Professor.
- Stories in Snapchat.
- Some cool stuff on the NDQ page lately.
- Design Facts.
- The Walk of Life Project. Genius.
- RIP John Urey.
- What I’m reading: Kim Stanley Robinson, Blue Mars (New York 1996).
- What I’m listening to: Night Beats, Who Sold My Generation.