In North Dakota, when the temperature is set to spike into the mid-teens, we get out our “mild winter weather gear.” Temperatures in the upper-20s and maybe even the 30s like this weekend is our way of teasing the snow-bound east coast. With any luck, I’ll have an outdoor run on Saturday.
The springlike weather will undoubtedly distract me from pressing tasks. To share my distraction, I offer you this springlike gaggle of quick hits and varia:
- While Douglas Boin’s epic review of Mary Beard’s new book is locked behind a paywall, you can get a behind the scenes view here.
- Athens’ new kiosks?
- If I was an undergraduate who wanted to do cool research, I’d work with Kostis Kourelis.
- A Brave New War looks interesting.
- A famous hotel in Aleppo has gone the way of the Pizza Hut in Jamestown, ND.
- Dystopian refugee topographies.
- The most remote settlement.
- A two part article onNorth Dakota after the boom.
- After Oil, a short, free book from the Canadian Petrocultures folks.
- More dystopia: the ruins of the Costa Concordia.
- Go read my friend Heidi’s new “award winning” poem here.
- I love being an Eagles fan; it’s almost as cool as being a Sixers fan.
- I just can’t stop watching Palin’s endorsement of Trump. If you haven’t watched it yet, go here.
- What I’m reading: E.H. Carr, What is History? New York 1961.
- What I’m listening to: Notorious B.I.G., Freestyle Tape.
I keep telling him…
“If you’re cold, I’m cold.”