It has been an exciting, but exhausting two weeks since my last Friday Quick Hits and Varia.
Next week, I wrap up the semester, recover from my Atari dig, and start to prepare for WARP.
- A strange article on repatriated antiquities and museums.
- Who knows?
- An ancient house in Sudan.
- Coeliac disease in antiquity.
- Mystery text deciphered.
- Why writing longhand may be better than typing (the scholarly article is here).
- A cool tiny house from GM.
- Adjuncts revolt.
- Some links on the Atari dig:
- Relics of technology.
- Restored movie theaters.
- Abandonment and squatting in Caracas, Venezuela.
- What I’m reading: D.B. Weiss, Lucky Wander Boy. New York 2003; I. Bogost and N. Montfort, Racing the Beam: the Atari Video Computer System. Cambridge, MA 2009.
- What I’m listening to: The Moles, Flashbacks and Dream Sequences: The Story of the Moles.