I had a late night. Delicious food, adult beverages, and good company. I think is the persistent snow or the impending North Dakota Humanities Council meeting or the positive vibes from the University of North Dakota Writers’ Conference. Or something.
So this will be a bit quicker than most of my quick hits and maybe have a bit less varia.
- Asbestos and wall-paintings in Byzantine Cyprus.
- Graffiti in ancient Rome and RTI.
- Efforts to restore Augustus’ mausoleum in Rome.
- The emperor and the Byzantine world at Cardiff.
- Bacon in Late Antiquity.
- Some new Byzantine mosaics from Israel.
- Classical Greek online at Colorado!
- A Roman meal for 2,000 people at Buffalo!
- NO MORE MYCENAEANS!
- Bronze Age weather.
- Books bound in human flesh at Harvard.
- Funny Greek sayings that involve food.
- Egyptian potters.
- Mug shots and small town life.
- How “geniuses” spent their day.
- An excerpt from Lucy Lippard’s book Undermining.
- What I’m reading: R. Guins, Game After : a Cultural Study of Video Game Afterlife. 2014.
- What I’m listening to: Bamboos, 4; The War on Drugs, Slave Ambient.