A fitful hotel room sleep and some delightful “brown flavored” waterish coffee almost made me forget the beautiful drive from Grand Forks to Bismarck, North Dakota yesterday. Almost.
The drive and hectic week did impoverish my quick hits and varia, but hopefully there is something here to carry you through the weekend.
- Some dream archaeology from India with an interesting political, religious, and economic aspect (h/t Lizzie Baughan).
- The long life of a Roman bathhouse (h/t Vincent O’Reilly).
- The 2014 Endangered Monuments Watch list, but fascinating and depressing.
- Remember to check out the 6th installment in our 3D Thursday series: 3D laser scanning within Skoteino Cave, Crete, Greece
- The North Dakota oil boom is a boom for archaeology too.
- The sounds of New York in the roaring ’20s.
- Feudalism in California.
- I am declining to comment.
- Some more thoughts on whether Spotify is a good or bad.
- Messy desks are important.
- Congratulations to Pakistan for an impressive win over South Africa.
- 100,000 Stars.
- Two more links to abandonment porn: abandoned farmhouses and a public library in Detroit.
- Speaking of abandonment. The oil spill in North Dakota is a mess. And, yes, I just linked to Fox News.
- My wife has a new car (ahem, I wish). I’m a Honda guy, but I have to admit that it’s pretty sexy. (Not as sexy as this, though).
- This is a remarkable story.
- What I’m reading: …. (reading?)
- What I’m listening to: Miles Davis, Dig.