Happy Friday, everyone! I just got back from a three day research trip to the Bakken and got a bit behind with the blog and my web reading.
In the best of all possible worlds, a quick hits and varia Friday would just get me back on track, but when I’m in the field it get hard to harvest the abundance of the web for my dear readers. So, I’ll have to supplement a modest number of quicks hit and varia with some photos from my trip. A full report on the trip will appear next week, I promise!
- Nothing beats Byzantine trash.
- A modern stylite, but “to new heights”?
- Another interesting blog post at archaeogaming.
- The Roman military in Jordan.
- I love one dot per object maps. This map shows race in the U.S.
- Anthony Bourdain’s introduction to Marlyn Hagerty’s new collection of columns from the Grand Forks Herald.
- The Depression and Home Front in World War II in color. Note some man camps and here.
Some man camp images: