I am on the road today, so this is a quick hits and varia from beyond the travel zone. The good news is that we’re heading for warmer climes. The better news is that its thawing for Easter weekend here in Grand Forks.
So as you enjoy the luscious sounds of melting snow, please enjoy this little gaggles of quick hits and varia.
- Some photographs from atop the pyramids.
- I’m at this conference (pdf).
- What to eat after the apocalypse. And go and download her dissertation.
- Here’s one way to manage your MOOC.
- The art of drying whiskey.
- This is our D.A. Student Chris Price’s blog.
- The chess set, tastefully redesigned.
- Watford City Centennial coming in 2014.
- Yep, you have to subscribe, but some interesting thoughts on drones at UND.
- I’ve been badgering my colleague Bret Weber to get on Twitter. So here is one reason why. And here is another reason why.
- The Chancellor Shirvani of the North Dakota University System seems like he’s in hot water this time.
- Reason to support the North Dakota Man Camp Project.
- Kostis Kourelis on why the humanities matter.
- This is a very nice looking tube headphone amp.
- This week is the 55th anniversary of stereophonic LPs. Here are some of the amazing stereo recordings done in 1958: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- If the world was 100 people, this is what it would look like.
- What I’m listening to: Shout Out Louds, Optica.
- What I’m reading: (TOP SECRET)