It’s another beautiful Friday morning here in North Dakotaland, so a great time for another set of quick hits and varia.
- An obituary for project Gutenberg founder Michael Hart.
- Some good recent pieces on syllabi here, here, and here.
- Yesterday was Teaching Thursday.
- Hacking the Academy is pretty interesting on the conceptual level.
- Is Sri Lanka even trying? The more I watch him over the last couple of years, the more I think Michael Hussey deserves the nickname Mr. Cricket. He’s been a stud.
- For folks with a little office stereo system, these little speakers from Pioneer have been getting rave reviews. Mine arrive on Monday.
- CAARI (Cyprus American Archaeological Research Institute) going all digital with their newsletters. Way to go!
- A sneak peek at the Library’s 50th Anniversary photo stream.
- What I’m reading: D. Cohen and T. Sheinfeldt, Hacking the Academy. 2011.
- What I’m listening to: Yuya Uchida and the Flowers, Challenger!
Finally, I have a better vehicle for my yet to be schedule, planned, or announced tour. (The New Archaeology of the Mediterranean Blog Tour!) Olde Skool.