Friday Varia and Quick Hits
February 8, 2013 § Leave a Comment
We’re getting ready to head out west for another short field season in the Bakken Oil Patch, but before we go, Kyle Cassidy will give a talk at noon today, and I’ll offer up a little gaggle of quick hits and varia.
- If you’re a Windows Server and Network Administrator and want to work at Catalhoyuk, go here.
- More on the future of the book.
- Floating cars!
- News on Pompeii.
- The economic basis of the college as country club.
- Gregory Nagy teaching an edX course on the ancient Greek hero.
- Air pollution in Ancient Rome.
- How to engooden your powerpointers.
- Sweet timeline application using Googles.
- The larger the past gets the smaller our present feels.
- What it takes to put on a Coursera course.
- Oscar Broneer’s Slide Collection.
- Rebecca Solnit on new forms of settlement.
- New ideas in scholarly publishing from the library.
- What I’m listening to: Frightened Rabbit, Pedestrian Verse.
- What I’m reading: M. Decker, Tilling the Hateful Earth: Agricultural Production and Trade in the Late Antique East. Oxford 2009.