Friday Quick Hits and Varia
October 7, 2011 § Leave a Comment
It’s a windy and warm Friday here in North Dakotaland. So it is a good day for a bluster quick hits and varia.
- This is the way to do archaeology.
- Some more food for thought for digital humanists.
- This is pretty cool (even though it’s Hellenistic) (HT to Sebastian Heath).
- This is great news from the Walters Art Museum (HT to Chuck Jones).
- For some reason I find stuff like this exceedingly creepy. You can listen to the station here. Along similar lines, more abandonment porn.
- I’m thinking of trying to use ResophNotes on my PC.
- I sort of want to blog on this, but I also don’t want to come off sounding like I earned my job (rather than the luck that goes into getting an academic career these days).
- Another analysis of the situation in Greece, but this one is via Williston, North Dakota.
- This is a pretty cool music blog (even if it’s not updated too regularly).
- What I’m listening to: The Mekons, Fear and Whiskey.
- What I’m reading: Lester Bangs, Main Lines, Blood Feasts, and Bad Taste: A Lester Bangs Reader. (Anchor Books 2003).
- A Local Saint St. Vincent of Grand Forks: