Friday Varia and Quick Hits
July 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
After a brief sun-shower this morning, the skies are clearing for what may be a sunny Friday. So it seems like a good day for some varia and quick hits.
- I’ve begun to play with Google+ and like the interface. I’ve also been impressed by how many people are member already. This may be as cool as Google Wave.
- This is a neat time lapse video of the protest in Cyprus following the massive explosion of confiscated munitions on July 11 at the Evangelos Florakis naval base near Zygi.
- If you’re looking for some things to read that will help you become a better teacher, be sure to check out Teaching Thursday both this week and last!
- I’ve been experimenting with various timeline producing programs and have found Beedocs’s Timeline 3D to be quite satisfactory. More on this soon.
- More ratings of academic journals, this time from the Europeans. It looks like the rankings of archaeology are due to be released later this year.
- I’m off to the CILT/OID Teaching with Technology final presentations this morning. I’ll live tweet some of the presentations at the OID Twitter feed.
- What I’m listening to: Bon Iver, Bon Iver.
- What I’m reading: George Alec Effinger, Fire in the Sun (Budayeen). (1989).